Saturday, September 8, 2007

Several New Hobbies

In the past month, I have discovered I really enjoy two things. The first, painting ceramics! I went while I was in Texas, and I loved it, then I went again a week or so ago with my grandmother. I had so much fun! I painted a Christmas cookie plate, and it took me 6 hours! I loved every minute though. I almost had a problem, because I finished exactly 8 minutes before the place closed! (Click on a picture to see the details up close) I wish I could go more often. The second thing I have found I enjoy is sketching, something that started in Texas. My mom has always done it, so I have a built in teacher! Here are pictures of my favorites, this first is of my dog, Kirby. I copied a picture we had. The second is of one of the dolls I collect. That one is my newest, and my favorite.

4 comments:

Krissy said...

oh my goodness Lindy! You are such an amazing artist!! I love both of those pictures!! (especially the one of Kirby!!)And the Christmas plate is amazing too!! great job! ;)

Krissy

joelle said...

WOW! YOU'RE YOU GOOD AT EVERYTHING?! WONDERFUL! I will see you tomorrow! I'm am so freaked out about the first day of a new year of class! (in a good way)
Joelle

magnoliasntea said...

Your pictures are great!
It's wonderful that you are trying so many new crafts! Life is full of so many good things to do.

Blogger wouldn't let us see the ceramic plate, but I'll keep trying till we get to look at it. :)

hakucho said...

You are quite the artist! Lucky you being so talented. I love your Christmas cookie plate. I'm sure that will become a family heirloom. Very nice :)