Sunday, July 19, 2009

Daniel: An Uncompromising Life

Now, you may be thinking, weren't you in Daniel last summer? (Actually, you probably weren't thinking that, because I highly doubt that anyone remembers what I posted on my blog last summer.) Anyway, I was, but we did it again. We started meeting the first week the first Monday in June, and this weekend was the performance, so things have been pretty crazy. It's so hard to believe it's over. You're with everyone nearly every day for two weeks, and suddenly life is back to normal. Kind of sad. I wish you could have been there for the play. But GUESS WHAT?!?!?! You can see one of the songs online! This is the song the 4 boys sing before Daniel interprets King Nebuchadnezzer's dream with the statue. It was taken during a sound check before dress rehearsal, and they were being a little more dramatic than usual, but not much. You really should watch it! :) God answered all of our prayers and took it above and beyond last year's in so many amazing ways! Most of the main characters were the same, but we added several new songs. It was a wonderful experience! It was a hard 6 weeks in many ways, but I'm so thankful to have been a part. You can't be around CYT and say God doesn't work in miraculous ways anymore. On Saturday one girl was REALLY sick, (Possibly swine flu..... not good) but she was able to be onstage for the one dance where we needed her most. There are so many stories like that. God is so faithful. Anyway, here are some pictures.

P.S. I had 6 costumes. It was crazy.


Kendra, Renee, Stephanie and me.


Me and Parri. We were the hatrack! :)


The stage right flappers.

Me, Jamey, and Dad.

Me, Jacob, and David.

Me, Emma, Rebekah, and Laura. :)


Me and Delise


MAKEUP!!!!!!


The 4 guys. Nathan as Shadrach, David E. as Daniel, Jamey as Meshach. and David D. as Abednego. They're pretty much awesome.


Me, Rebekah, Emma, Joey, and David. Haha.



One last thing, don't forget to check out the blog for the 2010 knitting calendar! They just posted a picture of my second design.

2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Looks like you had loads of fun with the play. :)

Your heart design is beautiful! I'm sure the calendar will be a great buy.

Lilly Beck said...

Hey! I cant believe that I missed it!!! aw man, I really loved it the first time I saw it and I really wanted to see it again. oh well, I'll just have to get the dvd!