Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Long Overdue Dishcloth Pictures, and the NC State Fair

It seems like lately I've started every post out by saying something along the lines of "Sorry I haven't posted in so long". Now I'm doing it again, and I'm also confessing my tardiness in the area of posting dishcloth pictures. I'm way behind. I've missed the KALs from the beginning of the month, but here are pictures from the last two Mid-Month KALs.
I have a new love, Hakucho's Circle Cloth pattern. The first one you see is the result of my attempts to make one before she posted the pattern. It's not exactly right, but I still like it. The next two I made AFTER she posted the pattern, and I just love them! I already have ideas for more.
Last week we went to the North Carolina State Fair. It's so much fun! There is so much to do. I love looking at all the exhibits. I entered a few things this year, and won a 2nd place ribbon for my ceramic plate! Here we all are in front of the pumpkins. My dad couldn't go, because he had to work.
Feeding a llama in the petting zoo. You have to understand, I really, really, REALLY love llamas!
After riding a big ride which I could never get up the nerve to ride before. Actually I didn't really get up the nerve this year, but my brother talked me into it. I was scared to death, but I loved it! It was so much fun! I'm going again next year.

6 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

You did a great job on Hakucho's pattern! That is such a thick looking cloth. Love the diamonds, too.

Congratulations on your win with you ceramic plate! The fair is such a cool event. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

hakucho said...

I LOVE all of your circle cloths!...even the first one you made with the big circles :)

May I post your pictures in my
gallery
? I'd really love to show off your handiwork!!

2nd place ribbon...that's is so awesome :) Congratulations!!

happy knitting!

joelle said...

Awww the clothes are beautiful as usual! It looks like you had a great time at the fair. I was sorta upset because we couldn't go this year... ya know with all of this busy stuff. But I'm so glad I got to see your pictures!!!

stitchin' girl said...

Your cloths are really pretty! Congratulations on your plate - you must be so pleased!

hakucho said...

I just posted your photos in my gallery :) Thanks so much for letting me show them off!!

Hope you had a fun Halloween :)

Savvy said...

Those are so great! (I loved that last washcloth!)
Your family is so cute! :D