Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fair Entries

Here are the results of my entries in the state fair! Awhile back I had posted pictures of the things I entered. My mom had sent in the form while I was gone, and she had forgotten to tell me she had entered 2 more things! (The whole thing was kind of last minute, so we hadn't had a lot of time to decide.) So, besides the wreath cloth and purse set, I also entered a baby blanket I had made, and the Heart Quilt dishcloth. Naturally, once we got to the fair, the first thing we did was go to the Hobbies and Crafts building to see if my brothers and I had won a ribbon. I was really excited, a little nervous, but having fun! My youngest brother won a 5th place ribbon for his origami, and a 2nd place ribbon for his mobile, and my other brother (2 years younger than I am) won a 1st place ribbon for his leather craft! The wreath didn't win, (neither did the blanket, which was in another building) the purse set won 5th place, and the heart quilt won 2nd! I was really excited! I can't wait until next year!

4 comments:

BunnyStamping said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me. I am a new knitter, and I love to read your blog. Keep up the great work!

Krissy said...

oh my gosh Lindy!! that is amazing!!!! I'm serious, everything your family touches, turns to gold!! What a blessed family you have. Love you all!!

Krissy

joelle said...

sweet! When we went, I looked for your work, but I must have missed them. Great Job!

magnoliasntea said...

Good for you! That's a wonderful start for your first entries at the fair. And good for your brothers, too.