Friday, September 18, 2009

My 18th Birthday

This post is sadly overdue. My 18th birthday was almost two weeks ago, but seeing how I am still 18, I suppose I'm not too late. :) I spent my birthday and the week after in SC with my grandparents, because my parents were in Canada for a conference and then an anniversary trip. (Their 20th anniversary is this week!) I missed them, but they had a wonderful trip, and I'm so glad they were able to go. I had a great birthday! I went shopping with my grandmother, and my aunt and uncle took me out to eat for dinner. Being 18 feels sort of strange. There are things I can do now that I couldn't before. For example, I could (I think):
- Change my name
- Elope
- Buy cigarettes
- Get a tattoo or piercing
However, I do not intend to do any of those things, so it really doesn't matter. I DID stay in the pool for "adult swim" on Labor Day. :) The next week was great. The boys and I were able to spend time with family on both sides, and it was a special way to end the summer. We have now started school, and I'm in the middle of my Senior year! It's pretty crazy.


Mom and Dad in Canada

Out to eat for my birthday. We're all wearing purple!


My family


Cousins!



My cousin Seamus


We went ceramic painting which, as I've mentioned before, is one of my very favorite things in the world! I painted a little ice cream dish.

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

Happy Birthday, Lindy!!
And happy senior year to you, too.
Looks like you had a really nice time even if your parents were in Canada..great trips for all.

I love the ice cream dish..you have a way with the paint brush. :)