Saturday, April 18, 2009

Homeschool Prom ~ 2009

Last night was the homeschool prom! This was my first time officially going, but I was a server last year. One of the nicest things about it is the fact that so many people just go with friends instead of dates. There are, of course, quite a few couples, but some of them just go as friends, and there are there more than enough people who came with out a date to make being date-less
fun. I went with my dear friend Crystal. We've been planning this for nearly a year! She came over to my house to get ready beforehand, and fixed my hair. She is amazing with hair! I don't know what she did, but it was amazing. We were both excited, and maybe the tiniest bit nervous. Once we were there it was so much fun! There were a lot of people I knew, so there was always someone to talk to. I had never done anything like this before. The historical ball was nice, but this was REALLY nice. I loved seeing what everyone was wearing. After dinner we danced for a few hours. I say we, but that isn't entirely correct, because I didn't dance much. I'm not that good at it, and I couldn't quite get up the nerve. We did some songs that I knew though, like YMCA, the electric slide, and the Hokey Pokey. :) The whole evening was as nice as I'd hoped it would be. After the prom was over (at midnight) I went to my friend Parri's house and spent the night with some friends. We talked until 3 in the morning, so I'm pretty much exhausted at this point.




We sat with my friends David and Rebekah.

Alex, me, Kelsey, and Elise
Kara
Caroline, Katie, David, Rebekah, and me.
Jamey was a server.

2 comments:

hakucho said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! I love your dress :)

Sure looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Guinea Pig Lover said...

You look AWESOME! I love the dress! I also LOVE your hair! Call me back soon! Love, Austin