Thursday, March 15, 2007

Princess Crown dishcloth pattern

This is the first pattern I've designed, and I'm very excited about it! One of the ladies in the Monthly Dishcloth KAL group was looking for a crown pattern, and I emailed her, and said that if she couldn't find one, I'd design it for her. Sure enough, she wasn't able to find one, so I gave it a try. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!



Princess Crown

Cotton yarn – any solid color
Size 7 needles

MB – Make border (K1 P1 K1 P1 K1)

CO 41

1. K1 P1 (across row)
2. K1 P1 (across row)
3. K1 P1 (across row)
4. K1 P1 (across row)
5. K1 P1 (across row)
6. MB P31 MB
7. MB K31 MB
8. MB P31 MB
9. MB K31 MB
10. MB P31 MB
11. MB K31 MB
12. MB P31 MB
13. MB K31 MB
14. MB P6 K19 P6 MB
15. MB K6 P19 K6 MB
16. MB P6 K19 P6 MB
17. MB K6 P19 K6 MB
18. MB P6 K19 P6 MB
19. MB K6 P19 K6 MB
20. MB P6 K19 P6 MB
21. MB K6 P19 K6 MB
22. MB P6 K19 P6 MB
23. MB K6 P19 K6 MB
24. MB P6 K19 P6 MB
25. MB K6 P4 K1 P9 K1 P4 K6 MB
26. MB P6 K4 P1 K9 P1 K4 P6 MB
27. MB K6 P4 K1 P9 K1 P4 K6 MB
28. MB P6 K3 P3 K7 P3 K3 P6 MB
29. MB K6 P3 K3 P7 K3 P3 K6 MB
30. MB P6 K2 P4 K7 P4 K2 P6 MB
31. MB K6 P2 K5 P5 K5 P2 K6 MB
32. MB P6 K1 P6 K5 P6 K1 P6 MB
33. MB K5 P1 BOBBLE P1 K5 P5 K5 P1 BOBBLE P1 K5 MB
34. MB P14 K3 P14 MB
35. MB K14 P3 K14 MB
36. MB P15 K1 P15 MB
37. MB K14 P1 BOBBLE P1 K14 MB
38. MB P31 MB
39. MB K31 MB
40. MB P31 MB
41. MB K31 MB
42. MB P31 MB
43. MB K31 MB
44. MB P31 MB
45. MB K31 MB
46. K1 P1 (across row)
47. K1 P1 (across row)
48. K1 P1 (across row)
49. K1 P1 (across row)
50. K1 P1 (across row)

BO


Here are directions for making a bobble. I found these really helpful! http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/cyca-forum/read.php?1,27145,27159#msg-27159

21 comments:

hakucho said...

Welcome to blogging! Nice job on your your first pattern :)

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Lindy, very nice pattern. I know you will enjoy blogging, it can be as addictive as knitting :) hehe.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It is so pretty, I can't wait to make it for my friend's baby. I will try to remember to get you a picture when I do.

Scarlett said...

So very cool to see your talent. I am snagging the pattern to make some of my own. Thanks so much.

I am new to knitting. Can you explain how you designed this as I would love to design some for my friends of various charts.

~ said...

Love your crown. I have a friend who always says, "I am a queen." So I will knit this one up and give it to her, 'the queen.'
Great first try Lindy, keep it up!

Sarah said...

Lindy ~ That is just the perfect dishcloth design! Thanks so much!My sister and niece, the two princesses in my life, will enjoy the cloths I'll be knitting up for them!

Enjoy designing, knitting and blogging!

Sarah

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Perfect for my 8 yr old princess! :) Great job and thanks for the pattern.

Lindy said...

Scarlett, I'm glad you like the pattern! All I did was draw it out on a graph, and then translate the graph into individual rows. If you draw the basic design you want onto graph paper, you can get a good idea of how it should go. I don't know if that's how other people do it, but that's how I did it. I hope this helps!

Krissy said...

Yeah Lindy! Ur an awesome knitter. That pattern TOTALLY rocks. Keep up the SWEET knitting.
Krissy

Kayleen said...

Simply adorable. Great job.
Kayleen
http://kayleenknits.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindy! nice patterning! you made me think of my daughter --sniff-- who is at college now, I taught her to knit when she was little and she is knitting now while studying.

Kudos to the person who taught you and for all your education!

Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh very cute - I think my niece will love that! Thanks for sharing it :)

Michelle said...

Lindy, I finally knit one up! thanks again for the pattern. I"m trying to design some of my own and am not sure where to start... if you have the chance, please email me. mmalach@nc.rr.com

thanks,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Lindy,
Just want to say that you are just amazing at such a young age.I did your "Empty Tomb" kal and thank you for that pattern.For the challenge I think you have about 88 knitted iteams.Have a blessed Easter.Thank you.And give Kirby a pat on the head for me.Rose
e-mail- rlinsmeier@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work lindy we need more adventure's like this Liz

Anonymous said...

Lindy, I found your pattern thru google. Like the wonderful simplicity compared to the wacky crown designs I've seen elsewhere. I plan to incorporate your princess crown design into my nieces' Xmas hats.

Amy Bailes said...

Hi! I found this pattern when printing out your Daisy dishcloth pattern. Are you planning on adding this to Ravelry?

I've already stitched this up and have added this to my projects page with a link to here.

Amy Bailes said...

I noticed that when I was typing all of my info into Ravelry for your dishcloth, that I could add the pattern myself. I hope that you don't mind, 'cause I did add it! I didn't add your picture, I thought you might want to do so yourself. I love this pattern!

Susan said...

princess crown cloth is very cute !
princess stuff is very popular now
with little girls.

Anonymous said...

Lindy, I hope to be as good as you are one day. I have only been knitting for about 4 years. I will soon be 59 years old! Thank you so much for sharing these free patterns with us.

I especially love the Empty Tomb. That one will be done for my MIL for Christmas. Again, Thank you so much!
Debbie J

giggimom said...

Thank you so much for this pattern. I am almost finished and love it. Remember, we are all princesses - daughter of the King!